Sunday, February 28, 2010

March budgeting challenge

Inspired by several message boards I frequent, I have decided to take on a budgeting challenge this month. Basically, what this means for me is limiting my out of habit shopping trips to the grocery store and Target, and making do with what I already have on hand.


I stocked up this weekend on meats and such and I am going to use this cooking site for sticking to what I've got.

I will allow myself one or two splurges a week, given it's already budgeted for.

Otherwise, I am going to try to stick to only purchasing the basics (i.e. fresh fruits and veggies, milk, bread, diapers and formula).

Anyone else want to participate and let me know how you do? I am thinking I can save an extra $300.00 a month easily by avoiding my frequent trips to these two stores alone.

I can probably save another $200.00 easily by not purchasing other items such as Old Navy's "Item of the Week". Do I really NEED another 3 or 4 tank tops just because they are on sale for five bucks? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment