Saturday, March 6, 2010

March budgeting challenge

So I think I will be able to do pretty good with this over the weekend.

I just made my weekly shopping list and all I need to pick up is the following:

1.) Bread
2.) Tooth paste
3.) Formula
4.) My birth control script (generic)
5.) My son's vitamin script (generic)
6.) Milk
7.) Drink mix
8.) Dog food (I have a $2.00 off coupon for the brand on sale for $9.99 this week).


I know that I could certainly justify picking up some other items, but I really think we have enough on hand to last us through this next work week. I also could technically go without picking up the dog food or formula this weekend, however, I always get nervous that I may run low mid-week and not be able to run out for some reason to pick up these items. Crazy I know. I will let you know how I do and if I stray from my goal which means straying from my list...........

P.S. I have just done some more budget re-evaluating and have decided I am going to at least "try" to start bringing my own coffee and breakfast to work each week. I see stopping off for breakfast as a simple pleasure that is in the budget, however, it's still close to $100.00 a month (if not more) that I could use towards OTHER things I would prefer to do such as more yoga. So starting on Monday I am going to add this into the March challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment