Sunday, March 21, 2010

Supervision

I have a supervisor at work. He's not a social worker though. He has his MPA.

And he is also constantly busy so I rarely go to him for anything.

The times I do I often don't get a lot of support, or answers to my questions.

I find I often end up going to my colleagues for questions, as well as to just vent which is often the main reason I feel like I need to go to my supervisor.

Come to think of it, I can't really remember the last time it was that I was actually supervised by a social worker. Probably in social work school? And I graduated from there back in 2004.

Actually-----I did work on an ACT team from around that time until the fall of 2005, and I was supervised by a social worker. I hated that job though, but loved my supervisor.

I know that supervision is lacking pretty much everywhere, even for people who are supervised by other social workers.

How do you manage this? I have also networked with other social workers online for advice and support when dealing with complicated or difficult cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment