Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Client perceptions of us

I currently work with a client who was clinically depressed BEFORE their brain injury. The TBI has only exacerbated their psych diagnosis. They are now anger, gloom and doom X a million. Anyways, at a meeting with their team today, this client focused right on me and said, "You will never have to worry about being in my financial situation since you are married. I know your husband can support you and you never have to worry about working or having money."

Ha!!! If she only knew about the reality of DH and my situation.

She also then went on to say to the rest of the team, "You all never will have to worry about being unemployed like me since you all have degrees".

Yeah, right. That's why I know SO MANY social workers who are unemployed, or underemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment