Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dreaded

If there's one thing I dread more than almost anything else in the world, that's bathing suit shopping. Even moreso now that I've had a kid. I've tried on a couple of suits recently that left me feeling sick to my stomach.

I haven't bought a new one in several years......not since way pre-baby when we used to live within walking distance of the ocean.


Anyways, we are leaving in a couple weeks to go on an actual beach vacation (and the house we are staying in also has a hot tub), so I figured it's time for me to just suck it up and order something new.


After getting several online recs of places to buy suits that provide decent coverage, I ordered from Lands End.

I have a big booty and large boobs so I think this style will provide a good fit.

Plus both pieces were on sale, with free shipping.

I rarely order anything clothing-related online, but I think it will be hard to screw up the sizing of these two seperates. I purposely made sure that the halter tied at the neck for adjustment purposes, and I ordered the boy shorts a size up. Suits I have now are of similar style/fit but just a little too small and I want something to cover my ass more.


What do you think? Here's hoping they fit!


Do you dread bathing suit shopping as much as I do?


4 comments:

  1. Oh I like that one! Good luck with the fit! I do think that style is super flattering on what you describe to be your body type. And I have had success with lands end online. I ordered two swimsuits from them last year that I love (and I'm just as hard to fit if not harder...try big uneven boobs and no butt...with large shoulders and a bigger waist, I'm kind of apple shaped) but I was really happy with the fit of my swimsuits and the added tummy control option in mine...here's hoping you have just as much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I do think there isn't a woman alive (except for maybe Keira Knightly or some other insanely skinny woman) that doesn't dread swimsuit season like the plague. You are so not alone there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it!

    You are definitely not the only one who hates bating suit shopping. It makes sense, if you think about it. At what other time and in what other venue do we show so much of our bodies? I know I often feel a bit "exposed" when I wear a bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I think most of us hate bathing suit shopping. :P Finding the right fit can be so hard, I've been searching for a good under-wire bathing top for a long time. (Land's end is always great, I think you made a great choice! I had one of their one-peice suits years ago when I worked as a lifeguard and that suit lasted for so long! Plus they seem to have really good fits, I hope you enjoy yours on your beach vacation!) ^_^

    ReplyDelete