Saturday, May 5, 2012

Oh Saturday..........





I'm so glad the weekend is here even though it is pouring outside right now.

I was hoping to be able to sit in my yard at some point today, while my son plays, reading some more of the Hunger Games series.

Fingers crossed the weather will flip and it can still happen..........

Work was busy busy this past week. More intakes and more extensive service plan writing at a non-stop pace.

I did an open up for a new case on Thursday (and score for earning a small bonus for making it happen fairly quickly). A young woman with brain injury from a car accident. Her mom took in both her, as well as her grandson and all I can say is that this mother/grandma is a saint! It is so hard holding back the emotion when you witness first hand the devastation TBI can bring to many families. It also makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I see the support many family members are still willing to give, because a lot do walk away (can't say I blame them).

My parents came down to stay for a few days and I know it sounds mean, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when they're gone.

There are just some things they do that drive both me and my husband completely crazy. My mother made a comment at breakfast yesterday, regarding a severely mentally ill family friend whose not currently on his meds about how "she doesn't
think the social worker is doing much for him since the cops had to come again to take him to the hospital."

This REALLY hit a nerve with me, and of course I had to respond that I was going to give the social worker the benefit of the doubt in this case........that it's hard to work with people who are not compliant, or who don't want to be helped which is often the reality of the situation.....and not the fault of "the social worker".

On another topic, I had a really BAD week at Bikram. And by bad, I don't mean that the classes were tough. I just didn't bring my ass to class AT ALL which is the worst kind of class you can have ;).

I am hoping to get back on track with that this week.

My sister is also coming down for a few days later tonight so I am looking forward to her visit.

What is well (and not so well) in your world dear readers?

1 comment:

  1. Why do family members always have to discuss Social Worker horror stories?! Mercy, I don't want to hit up any more family BBQ's ;-)

    ReplyDelete