Saturday, December 1, 2012

Does this scream social work, or what?


I got an email the other day from my student loan company, that since I live in the area affected by the hurricane, I am welcome to put my payments on hold. With interest of course ;). Fortunately, since my monthly payment is pretty affordable, I will pass on this one.


We are making steady progress on getting back in the house (although it still feels as slow as paying off my student loan LOL).

Electrician is supposed to come out today.


Hopefully boiler will be on by tonight. YAY HEAT AGAIN!!!!!


I was originally thinking we would be able to move back by the end of the weekend, but the hot water heater still has to be installed.

I can't do cold showers and boiling water takes too long in my world so we may end up waiting until next weekend if everything is working again. I don't think the water heater will be in til' sometime during the week.

I still need to do a huge deep clean because everything remains a complete mess. I kinda want steaming water for that too, because maybe it's just in my head, but I don't feel things will be really clean and sanitized without it. I found muddy handprints going down the hallway earlier this week. And for once, they are not from my son.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of cleaning that you must need to do, hot water does make that sound a little more bare-able. (And yeah, bull diving is never fun. We use to live in a little cabin with no running water and taking a bath out of a bucket gets old fast. Running, hot water has to be one of the most wonderful things ever.) I really hopes everything comes along quickly for you guys now, the thought on anyone not having heat at this time of year is horrifying.

    ReplyDelete