Saturday, February 16, 2013

life lately

I haven't heard anything about coming in to interview for that job I recently posted about.

While the salary and benefits are great, I think I'm definitely still leaning to remaining in the crazy of my current employer, even if the other place does end up calling.

I've sent out several resumes lately to different agencies, for shits and giggles and haven't even gotten a response. Thank goodness I don't have to leave my employer.

I feel bad for people who need a job in this economy and can't find a thing. This is what keeps me grounded when things get hairy at work.

It's frustrating, because the "social work" job listings I get daily are really for RN case managers. *Sigh*.

In other news, there's nothing really new on our homefront. I have a renewed love-affair still going on with our little house, since superstorm Sandy.

We've been talking about starting some major renovations, but DH is still so busy at work, so the timing gets pushed off, and it remains just talk.

I'm fine with that though.

I had another CPSE meeting this week with the school district for DS.

The committee actually approved him to receive 2 OT sessions a week, starting now.

I was actually pretty surprised, as I heard OT is one of the most difficult services to get.

He is doing really good as of late, so I can certainly not complain.

Transitions can still be difficult and he had a major melt-down in Target again yesterday where everyone starred.

School he is doing great though, and the teacher actually has told me that she is really surprised we felt there was anything going on that warrants services.

I don't regret the decision to refer him though.

We certainly pay enough here in school taxes, might as well get something positive from it.

Happy weekending all. What's new in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment