Sunday, May 26, 2013

Just a quick hop on

to update about my first week.

I love, love, LOVE my new position.

The clients are terrific, and truly want to be there which seems to make all the difference in the world.

My co-workers all seem stable and positive too which is beyond priceless to me.

I am so looking forward to the creativity of the position.

I am leading groups in a day program, so I want to start doing "lesson planning" in advance so I can keep everything fresh and interesting for everybody. Right now that doesn't seem to be going on, and I think the program is TOO laid back as a result.

I have a notebook where I've been writing down ideas, and I also have gotten some good suggestions from the members.

I definitely will be using my library again for resources, and I plan to lead some arts/crafts stuff and have in guest speakers and even musicians.

The population I am working with is adults who have severe brain injury so memory and daily living skills are the big things we work on.

Do you teach or lead groups? What are some ideas that you and your clients enjoy, if you don't mind sharing?


No comments:

Post a Comment