Sunday, November 17, 2013

Up early today

The automatic alarm in my head went off a little before 5 this morning (the regular time I get up during the week). I decided to go with it. Today, I am headed into my part-time office to write a service plan. It can be a real pain in the ass doing this kind of work on my "day off", however, right now, the money is too good to give up for what really amounts to just a few hours of work. If I'm really focused, I can write a full plan in about 5 hours.
Plus, it's usually for a good cause. This person I am writing to obtain services for, is on the verge of homelessness AND she has a child to help support.

I don't know how long I will continue to do this P/T work, but for now, it's a decent gig.

Fortunately, I don't "need" the money at the moment, but I am stashing it away in savings, because I know with DH's business, this is not always the case. And as we all know, it's frequently hard to live in most places on just a social work salary alone ;).

Do you do anything part-time in addition to your normal F/T position?

What kind of work is it?

I feel like for most social workers, it's become normal to work multiple places.






No comments:

Post a Comment