Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Can I give an update?

While it's not anything earth shattering, we've decided to go with a wait and see approach in regards to DS "diagnosis".

I put diagnosis in quotes, because he's still only 5.

Since I last wrote about this, I've spoken to my family, some friends and several colleagues who all tend to have the same philosophy. 

I also was in touch with the Director of CPSE for our district, who gave me all of my options for next steps. She was pretty candid however that since he hasn't actually begun Kindergarten, it was her recommendation we wait too before doing anything else major.

I may request a meeting with the school psychologist before school begins as a precautionary measure, but I don't think we want to ask for an inclusion classroom or other types of services just yet.

And the big one----no meds for this boy right now either.  We will continue to give him melatonin at night, and I also need to set up an appt with the Ped for bloodwork to check his iron levels. Other than that, while he does continue to have issues that are apparent, they are not anything we can't deal with overall right now.

So that's that.

As for yoga? Haven't been since Saturday.

The past two days I totally made excuses. Tonight not so much as DH is still working so I'd never make it anyway.

Now I do need to focus on making it there tomorrow and Thursday.  Because the yoga is something I do have control over. The other stuff? Not so much......

No comments:

Post a Comment