Sunday, June 15, 2014

Class 7 and a bit of my life

Class 7 started out rough yesterday, because I went late after a hectic day and was feeling tired and sore.  I pushed through as always and my teacher helped me again with positioning.

I was happy when the session ended though, came home, ate some dinner and went immediately to sleep.

It's been a rough week around here. Delving deeper into house renos and money, which is of course super stressful.

I also had to put one of my cats to sleep on Thursday.

I ended up missing class that night as a result since I was an emotional mess, and Friday I skipped too because I was exhausted still from the emotional day on Thursday and just not into it. It happens sometimes.....

Onto another random topic....I recently started volunteering for an anonymous community organization.  I thought it would be a nice way to give back, as well as make friends and meet some businesses and community leaders in my area. I helped out with one of their events on Saturday.

However, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue though. Basically for several reasons, but the biggest one is they just seem really cliquey and not overly warm and welcoming.  When I was there yesterday for a couple hours, there were about 5 or 6 other women who barely even said a word to me.

It was pretty awkward. I did chat with one of them at the end for a good bit while we were cleaning up, but the overall vibe from the group hasn't left a good taste in my mouth.

My yoga studio director actually donated some gift cards for one of their upcoming fundraising raffles, and I will give them to them since they do good for the community, but I'm not sure if I will continue to participate much beyond that.

I already have enough stress in my life, I don't need anymore from something that is completely voluntary.

Have you ever experienced something similar? How did you handle? P.S. Since I'm brand new, I don't think I'm ready to jump into a leadership role just yet which would possibly help greatly with organization. (Another reason I'm not liking this group much)

No comments:

Post a Comment