Thursday, June 5, 2014

I couldn't calm down last night

Last night's class is probably the hardest one I remember going to in quite some time.

I started out okay, but at some point, I think I stopped breathing and then the heat and the room would just would not stop caving in on me.

While I felt like I was going to have a panic attack, at the same time, I had moments of clarity passing through my mind where I felt so grateful to be there, on my mat in my familiar studio, participating in this wonderful practice. I felt blessed because I knew then that this is a feeling that can be so rare I think for many people.

Nothing else mattered at that point except that I made it to class!

I wanted to die, but I made it there.....strange as it sounds, but I was in my happy, safe space.

All of the things I am grateful for in my life came into my view.

The little things I dwell on as well that in the grand scheme of things do not really matter.....

I pushed through, even though this meant sitting out almost all of floor series.

2 classes down in my challenge. 38 more to go! 18 left for June......

No comments:

Post a Comment