Saturday, September 27, 2014

Up for another challenge?

My studio is offering another 20 class challenge for the month of October.

Since my practice has fizzled down a lot lately (especially with the start of school and other extracurricular activities for DS), I figured why not amp it up again and do something nice for myself.

In some other positive news, I found out I will be receiving a 5% merit raise starting in the next pay period. I was excited to be acknowledged at work, and this was also something I did not expect or even ask for so it was a great surprise.  And even though it's not a huge difference, that's still very much needed $$ because our expenses and bills seem to keep going up and up.

At the same time, I do need to become more mindful in that area. I am calling myself out on my blog because spending money is something I always can justify and that's a slippery slope.

I haven't been super accountable lately and have spent a lot of $$$ on things that I don't really need.....

One of my goals this fall is to try to be more frugal....baby steps.....

Do you have any good tips to share about cutting costs?

What about staying accountable to your yoga or other similar practice?

I'll end this post by sharing pics of my medal from the summer sizzle :) 



2 comments:

  1. I think yoga is absolutely one of the nicest things we can do for ourselves! Yay! In the combo of accountability / frugality ... would it work to set a goal for yourself with the 20 day challenge, and then, while also setting a $$ limit, reward yourself with something for meeting your personal challenge? (I do that sometimes. Like if I can at least get in 2 classes and 2 days of home practice a week, I get a full fat latte and go in a few minutes late to work on Friday ...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a terrific idea! I am already finding myself making excuses to not go to the 5 pm class tonight but will try to fight through them, ice cream later LOL

    ReplyDelete